The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

VHS Students and Alumni Start the Band Sun Dogs

The student/alumni band is hoping to make original music that “hits home” for listeners.
Members of the student band Sun Dogs.

Some VHS students and alumni have formed a band in hopes of bringing their musical talent to the world. The members of this band include graduated students Yancey Waddington, Jose Sanchez, and Ben Harris in addition to senior Parker Carruth.

“Being a part of a band is a fun place for members to express themselves in a healthy way,” said Waddington, who is currently a freshman at Idaho State University. These students were inspired to create Sun Dogs because of their love of music from an early age listening to their favorite bands and learning various instruments. Because some of these members graduated from school already, they work hard with the time that they have. So far the band has practiced three covers such as “Ocean Man” by Ween, “Live Forever” by Oasis and “Carry The Zero” by Built To Spill.

The band is primarily working on writing multiple originals. Technically Sun Dogs have performed before but not all of the members were involved, only two of them such as Carruth and Sanchez. Their performance was during the theme concert last year. Like many people in the music industry, Sun Dogs has a goal to put their name out in the music industry and music scene and make a difference. This would take some time of course since they are still trying to figure everything out for the band, especially since they have had to remove some members and add some new ones, going through a couple of different line-ups. But now, they witness the beginning of the journey for these future legends. Harris said, “It’s not about how many people listen to your band, but how many people list your band as their favorite, or how many people listen to your music and [it] really hits home for them.”

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Sandra Soto, Staff Writer
My name is Sandra Soto from Vallivue High School and I am a sophomore this year. I joined the journalism class because I am the type of person who loves getting to know people and finding out what their stories are. The way I see it, everyone has their own story depending on who they are and what they want to be, and this class is an opportunity for me to get to know who my peers are instead of seeing them as strangers. This is why I like writing stories about people and their personal experiences with things such as sports, clubs, and even music. Just getting to know people is just very interesting. This year I just wanna learn how to put all of the information I'm receiving down on paper, because what's the point of doing the work without showing the work?
Donate to The Valli-Vue