The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

VHS Boys Basketball Prepares for the Upcoming Season

The Falcons have multiple players returning to varsity this year and have their eyes on the state championship.

Winter sports are starting up, and that means it’s basketball season! VHS’s boys basketball team is preparing for a new season, so we caught up with head coach Mario Bentancourt and a few players to see what they want to accomplish this season.

Coach Betancourt is excited for this upcoming season. His goals for the upcoming team are to bring the team together and for them to get along and never quit on each other. He also wants them to have fun playing not just for themselves but for each other. Betancourt’s strategy for this upcoming season is to push the team and keep them working hard in the gym as well as on the court and to play their hearts out. His top two goals for this season as a coach and as a team are to make it to state this year and win a conference title. In order to do that, they must stay consistent and continue to improve as a team and as individuals.

Senior Anthony Berber has been playing basketball for about nine years. Berber’s personal goal for this upcoming season is to be player of the year, get through districts and win as a team. What continues to inspire him is the feeling he gets when he wins and the fun he has while playing basketball.

Senior Jace Martinez has been playing basketball for 14 years. He takes it very seriously and enjoys it. Martinez’s personal goal for the season is to become a D1 player. One thing that inspires him to continue to play is his teammates.

Dominick Betancourt is a sophomore on the basketball team and he has been playing for about 13 years. His personal goal for the season is to go to state this year with the team. Betancourt’s biggest inspiration is his dad; his words were “to be as good as my dad.”

Zackary Hogg, another sophomore on the team, has been playing basketball for nine years. His personal goal for this seasson is to play well for his team and make three pointers. His biggest inspiration is his teammates and being a good player for them.

Boys basketball will play its first game of the season on Wednesday, November 29 at Mountain View High School. Their home opener will be on Friday, December 1 against Meridian High School.

Players to watch this season:  seniors Anthony Berber and Jace Martinez, and sophomores Dominick Betancourt and Zackary Hogg

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Nevaeh Alvarez, Staff Writer
Hey, my name is Nevaeh Isabell Alvarez. I am a 16-year-old sophomore at Vallivue High School, and I enjoy writing and getting to learn new things. I am honored to be able to be part of the journalism class this year, work on the paper, and meet new people who also enjoy writing as much as I do. I wanted to take the journalism class this year because I saw it as a great opportunity to be able to write more and learn how the journalism industry works. I enjoy writing about things such as current events and true stories, and I love to interview people. I enjoy putting great work out that people will enjoy and read. As I take this class, I want to learn more about how to properly write things in the journalism industry because I want to be able to do something involving journalism and writing for my career. I can't wait to start putting more news and stories out for you all to enjoy and read!
Donate to The Valli-Vue