The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Wrestlers Rally Around the Concept of FLIGHT

With multiple state qualifiers returning to the mat this year, VHS’s wrestling program hopes to bring even more athletes to state.

Wrestling season is soon to begin at VHS with the first official practice of the season on Monday. There are no tryouts for wrestling. This sport is free to anyone who wants to join the team.

This year, the wrestling team is working to win the district championship, the state trophy, and the academic state championship. The philosophy for the team is “FLIGHT,” standing for Fair Forward, Leadership, Integrity, Gratitude, Heart, and Toughness. In addition, the coaching and staffing for the team have grown a lot this year. The head coach of VHS wrestling is Nash Johnson who is also an art teacher. Some of the assistant coaches are math teacher Shawn Huntington and Angie Mora. Volunteer coaches include Luke Lopez, Kathryn Philbrook, Toby Johnson, Dan Agenbroad, Fred Mora and Keven Martinez.

The philosophy for the team is “FLIGHT,” standing for Fair Forward, Leadership, Integrity, Gratitude, Heart, and Toughness.

This season, there will be a lot of key wrestlers to watch, but the returning state qualifiers include seniors Jacob Andre, Jonathan Burrell and James Capser, junior Rhianna Mora and sophomore Tristan Sears. There are many ways that the team is looking to improve this year, and they are continuing to develop a winning culture in several ways. They are hoping to grow in both the girls and the boys teams. This season, they are working to win more duels, get more students to go to state, and earn more state medals. This will hopefully lead to a district championship and possibly a state trophy. So far, the team is off to a great start, so make sure to cheer on the Falcons wrestling team, and good luck to all of our wrestlers this season!

Their first meet of the season will take place on Friday, December 1 in American Falls.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Jenna Hardman, Staff Writer
I am Jenna Hardman and I’m a freshman here at Vallivue High School. I am in the journalism class because I wanted to write about things going on around the school and locally. I enjoy this because it helps me get a better understanding of reporting and helps me practice my writing. I really like working on stories about upcoming events happening in the school. I have a few goals this year, including getting a lot of school event articles and being able to publish them in the online school newspaper. I also really want to write about local news going on around the school and inform students about things happening in the school around them including different clubs and other activities that are available for anyone to join. I am under the category of writing about student life and events, so I want to write about that specifically.
Donate to The Valli-Vue