The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

Art Show in Library Until January 11

All students are invited to see art pieces on display in the library until January 11.

On December 11, the Vallivue High School Library started a month-long art show to show off pieces from the advanced art students. Laura Lockwood, VHS art teacher, invites all students to visit the library any time from December 11 to January 11 to view the art selections.

Composed of Lockwood’s Advanced Ceramics and AP Art classes, the library will have a variety of different art styles, all pieces hand-picked and displayed by the students. One of Lockwood’s biggest goals with this event was to “show off all the wonderful things the students in the art department are doing.” She also commented that she loves how art shows tend to  “give students more ownership of how their work is being displayed while being proud of the work they’re displaying.” While the students need to be able to display their work, this event is arguably more about having the students become more comfortable with showing off their amazing work. After attending the opening, anyone would be able to tell how much the students cared about and wanted to display their work. Each display featured art that the students chose themselves.

All of the art displayed had its own appeal. Junior Emily Paddock, one of the AP Art students, works in a realistic style with many of her displayed works focusing on the stress and worries that often plague many people’s lives. Junior Amaya Lazo had a very interesting realistic style, gore being present in a few of her artworks. Though only listing a first name, Harley presented a brighter and more fun filled catalog of works with some light fantasy elements added. Greg, another student artist, focused on bringing playfulness and childhood memories together, one of the artworks being focused around McDonald’s.

While the Advanced Ceramics pieces were not labeled with artist names, they were quite beautiful. An elegant swan stood in the middle of the display surrounded by some simpler but still beautiful pottery pieces. There was some more sculptural pottery, mostly consisting of the swan, a panda and a spider. Small bowls and plates surrounded these pieces, presenting a focus on simplicity and etched designs.

Visit the library any time from now until January 11 to see the amazing art that these talented artists have out on display. There is so much to see and experience, so come support these growing students!

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Rylie Wilson, Staff Writer
My name is Rylie Wilson, and I am a sophomore student at VHS. After spending my freshman year at Caldwell High School and feeling trapped there, I decided to do what I felt I should and not worry so much about what others thought of me. Part of this was being unafraid to speak with people and write about what I love, which I knew journalism would help me do. I love to write stories about music, movies, plays, and generally anything in the world of entertainment. My biggest goal this year is to feel at home with myself, my stories, my school, and the world around me. 
Donate to The Valli-Vue