The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

VHS Seniors Take Advantage of New Idaho Launch Program

This new program, supported by the Idaho Workplace Development Council, seeks to support students who plan to enter in-demand career fields across the state.

About 104 VHS seniors have been offered enrollment in the new Idaho Launch program, with approximately 68 of them accepting the offer, joining thousands of other high schoolers across the state. Idaho Launch is a new program for high school seniors interested in pursuing education in specific, in-demand careers in hopes that it will increase the workforce in these industries. Students who are accepted into this program receive financial assistance in their educational journey, as the program will pay 80% of their fees, up to 8,000 dollars at certain eligible institutions.

In recent years, Idaho has been facing a shortage in its workforce, especially in technical jobs that are necessary for the success of the state in many industries. Without the necessary number of employees to carry out important tasks and jobs, the state has been at a standstill, unsure how to proceed. Though it is new this year, this program has already shown great potential. Currently, there is 75 million dollars to be used for Idaho Launch, making it possible for up to 10,000 students to receive this grant each year and proceed into the workforce in the following years.

For students to be eligible to apply for the program, they must be a current Idaho senior or high school graduate who is enrolled in or has applied to one of the institutions that has been approved for the Launch program in Idaho. This program promises to be incredibly beneficial to the state of Idaho, and to many students, providing them with financial aid and the state with a strong workforce. For those who wish to look into the program more, visit nextsteps.idaho.gov/launch.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Alyssa Hardman, Staff Writer
My name is Alyssa Hardman and I am a junior in Ms. Ford’s journalism class at Vallivue High School. I have always been interested in writing, and I hope to pursue a career in writing someday. This is a huge part of why I am in this class as I knew it would give me a better understanding of the differences between certain writing styles. However, I am also in this class simply because I thought that it would be interesting to learn about what was happening around the school and to be able to inform others of these events. I especially enjoy writing stories that allow me to acknowledge people and their successes, and I hope to learn more about the proper process of journalistic writing throughout the rest of the school year.
Donate to The Valli-Vue