The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

Indian Creek Plaza Continues The Tradition of Holiday Lights and Fun

The holiday season in Caldwell starts once the lights at Indian Creek Plaza turn on.
A panoramic view of the winter lights on Indian Creek in downtown Caldwell (photo courtesy of the City of Caldwell).

Every year, Indian Creek Plaza in downtown Caldwell is the place to go for ice skating, looking at holiday lights, eating food and spending time with friends and family. This year, the lights turned on Friday, November 17. Indian Creek Ice Skating is hosting many events including regular skating lessons for people who have never skated before or just need to refresh their skating skills for the year in addition to figure skating lessons.

The opening of Indian Creek Plaza for the winter is a very big event for locals because it encourages people to have fun while celebrating the start of the winter season. A lot of people have different opinions on the best part of Indian Creek during the winter since there are so many opportunities. According to the majority of the vote, ice skating and walking around the lights is the best part of this. Other people say that they enjoy the music, the liveliness, and the restaurants around the area. Make sure to go to Indian Creek this winter because it is so fun and one of the best local ways to start the season with family, friends, or by yourself.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Jenna Hardman, Staff Writer
I am Jenna Hardman and I’m a freshman here at Vallivue High School. I am in the journalism class because I wanted to write about things going on around the school and locally. I enjoy this because it helps me get a better understanding of reporting and helps me practice my writing. I really like working on stories about upcoming events happening in the school. I have a few goals this year, including getting a lot of school event articles and being able to publish them in the online school newspaper. I also really want to write about local news going on around the school and inform students about things happening in the school around them including different clubs and other activities that are available for anyone to join. I am under the category of writing about student life and events, so I want to write about that specifically.
Donate to The Valli-Vue