The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

Fall Sports State Appearances

With one state tournament done, some VHS athletes look ahead to more state competitions this coming weekend.

Girls Soccer Takes Sixth Place in 4A

Our Lady Falcons competed in the 4A State Soccer tournament last Thursday and Friday at Brother’s Park in Caldwell. Their first game was played against Twin Falls on Thursday afternoon. Amanda Soto scored the first goal of the game with a penalty kick. The second goal was scored by Jenna Seals and assisted by Sofia Soto right before the end of the first half. Sadly, they could not get another goal, and the game ended 2-3 in a close matchup. 

Friday morning, the girls played Idaho Falls. It was a very tough game, and Idaho Falls scored a goal in the first half. Jessica Ramirez hit a freekick that hit the post, barely missing, ending the game at 0-2. Overall, the Lady Falcons placed sixth in state and made the state tournament for the third year in a row. Congratulations to our lady falcons on their success this season!

Vallivue Cross Country to Compete in Pocatello on Saturday

The Vallivue Cross Country boys and individual Abigail Mills are off to state this Saturday, Oct. 28th. These falcons will be competing in Pocatello at the Portneuf Wellness Complex. Abigail Mills will run at 1:30 while the boys team will run at 2:30. Coming into state, the boys team is ranked 18th with junior Braxton Hofhines leading the way and ranked 35th overall. Mills comes into the race ranked 50th overall.

Vallivue Volleyball’s Cinderella Story Continues to Post Falls This Week

Vallivue’s volleyball team entered the 4A SIC District Tournament as the sixth seed out of seven total teams, only placing above Emmett. Expectations were low for the Falcons. However, tomorrow they are traveling to Post Falls to compete in the 2023 4A State Tournament.

How did this happen? Simply put, VHS went on a winning streak. After losing the first District tournament game against Ridgevue on Saturday, Oct. 14 in three sets, the Falcons had to beat Bishop Kelly on Wednesday to stay alive in the double-elimination tournament. They managed to secure a 3-2 victory over the Knights, advancing them in the bracket where they would again face the Warhawks on Thursday. This time, the Falcons edged out their cross-district rival with a 3-2 victory.

It all came down to a Saturday, Oct. 21 play-in game to determine who would take second place in Districts and advance to the state tournament. The Skyview Hawks, the three-time state champs, had already taken the first place spot. They had to take down the Columbia Wildcats, to whom they had lost both times they played this season. Columbia also placed second in the state tournament last year. In a stunning upset, Vallivue took a 3-1 win over the Wildcats, punching their ticket to the state tournament. That’s pretty miraculous for a team that was ranked 22/26 overall in 4A with a regular season record of 3-13.

The climb to a state title is going to be difficult for the Falcons: they taking the very last seed position, which means their first matchup will be against the first seed, Bonneville High School (15-1). This will take place at Post Falls High School on Friday, Oct. 27 at 11 a.m. All state tournament games will be live streamed on the NFHS Network. Good luck, Falcons!

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributors
Jordan Poulsen, Staff Writer
I joined journalism because I have a dream to become a sports analyst and that requires journalism techniques to be the most successful. I love to write stories about people and just real life. I feel like the realest things are the most important things to be published. If I was writing a story I would love for it to be in the athletics department because that’s where I have the most knowledge. The biggest thing that I want to learn in journalism is the best way to interview people to get the best possible answers out of them. This will give my stories a natural flow which is what I want.
Alina Hernandez, Staff Writer
Donate to The Valli-Vue