The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

AVID Trunk-or-Treat Event Expected to be a Big Hit

For the past two years, the event has attracted over 1,000 members of the community. However, it is an important event for the VHS AVID program.
FHLA’s Trunk in 2022 (photo courtesy of Mrs. Batten).

On Saturday, Oct. 21, Vallivue High School’s AVID program will host a trunk-or-treat event from 5-8 p.m. There will be trunk-or-treating, a haunted house, face painting, and caramel apples. This is an annual event to raise money for student scholarships for our AVID students.

Everyone in the community is welcome, so be sure to invite friends and family! Participants in the trunk or treat will theme and decorate their trunks to pass out candy to everyone. Those who would like to have a trunk or treat booth may fill out the form linked here.

Mrs. Batten, one of two VHS AVID teachers, is in charge of organizing and running the event. One of the AVID students, senior Elena Garcia, and her small crew of students are running the haunted house that will take up part of the school. Garcia commented, “This year’s haunted house theme is ‘Carn-evil,’ which is carnival based, so there will be lots of clowns.”

Last year’s Trunk or Treat (photo courtesy of Mrs. Batten).

For little ones and those who aren’t a fan of haunted houses, there will be caramel apples available for purchase and free trunk or treating. Each caramel apple will cost four tickets, and each ticket is a dollar. Junior Sarina McDowell and her team will be making 250 apples covered in homemade caramel. McDowell stated “because we have to fund-raise, we’re planning to make the caramel instead of buying it to help cut costs,” which means that more of the money raised from the caramel apples will go towards getting scholarships to students. Costumes are optional but highly encouraged for a fun time.

If you have any questions about this event, you can contact Mrs. Batten at [email protected].

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Rylie Wilson, Staff Writer
My name is Rylie Wilson, and I am a sophomore student at VHS. After spending my freshman year at Caldwell High School and feeling trapped there, I decided to do what I felt I should and not worry so much about what others thought of me. Part of this was being unafraid to speak with people and write about what I love, which I knew journalism would help me do. I love to write stories about music, movies, plays, and generally anything in the world of entertainment. My biggest goal this year is to feel at home with myself, my stories, my school, and the world around me. 
Donate to The Valli-Vue