The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

VHS Welcomes Mr. Drayton From Texas

Drayton previously taught in Texas but is joining our staff at VHS to teach health, weights and boy’s PE.
Mr. Drayton (Roxy Loera)

Mr. Drayton is a new teacher at Vallivue High School. He teaches a plethora of subjects including health, weights and boys PE. He explains that this is his second year teaching and before teaching at Vallivue, he taught English in Dayton, Texas at Woodrow Wilson Middle School.

Drayton enjoys his job but he also likes to do other things outside of school. For example, he enjoys fishing. Drayton says, “Being that I just moved to Idaho, I hear that there’s a lot of fishing opportunities here.” He looks forward to exploring all that Idaho has to offer for outdoor activities. Drayton also likes to watch sports. He says his favorite sport to watch is football even though he is a basketball guy. 

I feel like teaching is such a rewarding career because you do see that impact that you make on those young lives.

— Mr. Drayton

Drayton also played college basketball. It makes sense that he went into teaching health, weights, and PE. He explains that he wanted to get into teaching because he wanted to make an impact on students. He says “…in the last two or so years I feel like I’ve done that, or I’ve been doing that…” This is great news for our student body because he is a teacher who really cares about what he is doing for the students. “I feel like teaching is such a rewarding career because you do see that impact that you make on those young lives,” Drayton explains.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributors
Tomie Feist, Staff Writer
My name is Tomie Feist and I am a sophomore this year. I decided to join journalism because I thought it would be fun to see what is going on behind the scenes. Normally the student body only gets to see the finished products of VSPN and the Vallivue newspaper, but I get to do the research and interview people, so that is pretty fun. The stories I like working on the most are student features. I think it is really interesting to see the students' perspective of things happening and their opinions. I'm hoping to learn more about being a good writer this year. Not only will it be important for journalism, but it will also be important for life after high school.
Roxy Loera, Photographer
Donate to The Valli-Vue