The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

VHS Football Seniors Remember This Season

The Varsity football team will play its final regular season home game against Emmett tonight, and kickoff is at 7 p.m. Hear from the seniors themselves about this season and their futures.
Seniors Adan Belman, Vince Olvera, and Jonathan Burrell.

Sam Delgado #1

Sam Delgado is a linebacker on the varsity football team. His goal this year was to break a kid’s helmet and I did achieve my goal. I found it pretty cool.” Delgado says that playing varsity football while being a senior can be difficult at times but seeing the look of the players on his team inspires him to give it his all. He also said, “I also found what motivates me is listening to my playlist, specifically hood rap.” His favorite memory from this season was when he caught an interception and sniffed it from the kid who threw it. “Personally I was very mad when we played against coach Wruck because we ended up losing against him,” said Delgado disappointingly.

Jaden Gomez #3

Jaden Gomez is a defensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal was to “get better and be able to ball without my teammates,” said Gomez, and he did achieve this goal. His favorite memory of this season was when they beat Columbia knowing that one of their old coaches was now coaching their team: “Ash and Wruck had coached me since freshman year. Ash was my first o-line coach, and Wruck made me into the Dline man that I am now,” said Gomez. Being a senior this year is a good feeling for Gomez because he’s been playing football with his friends since freshman year. Playing football in college is something Gomez does want to do: “I plan on playing juco (junior college) ball for Santa Barbara City College.”

Gus Stevens #4

Gus Stevens is a defensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal was to become better as a player and become fit, and he feels like he did achieve that goal. Stevens said that his “favorite memory was when we went to Buffalo Wild Wings as a team because the food was great and I got to be with my friends.” Stevens mentions that he has only played football for his freshman year since two heavy guys landed on his arm which caused a ligament tear, causing an arm injury. For Stevens, being a senior this year feels great: “I am done with school which is why I am glad to be a senior.” Stevens doesn’t plan on playing college football because “I feel like I don’t have the capability and I wouldn’t have the energy to play after having hours of long classes, but if I do I would want to play out of state.”

Vince Olvera #15

Vince Olvera is a defensive back on the varsity football team. His goal was to go to state this year, but unfortunately, the Falcons will not advance to state. Olvera said, “If I had the option to play for Montana State I would take it, but otherwise I wouldn’t play college football.” Being a senior this year is exciting for Olvera because, after many years of hard work, he gets to show it off every Friday night. This is a thrilling part for him. His favorite memory from this season was getting the chance to play on BSU’s field and having all of the fumbles. What gets Olvera hyped before a game is listening to music (sad or hype) by Future.

Adan Belman #25

Adan Belman accomplished his season goal to become the team’s linebacker. Belman says, “I don’t plan on playing after high school because I don’t want to go to college, even if it’s just for football.” Being a senior this year is a good feeling for Belman because he knows that his team looks up to him. They know that football really puts stress on your body, causing a lot of injuries, but in the end it’s really fun. What inspires him to play are his friends because they are the ones who push him to always do his best. Belman says “My favorite memory has to be playing at BSU and seeing my old coach Wruck when we played against his team.”

Cam Strothman #30

Cam Strothman is a defensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal this year was to not get injured this season and he reached his goal.  Strothman said, “I don’t plan on playing for a college, at all, cause I am way too injured.” His favorite memory from this season has to be when they played on the blue (at BSU). Strothman said, “It’s different being a senior this year, [and] it’s just hard to understand knowing that everything is my last. “

Chase Hammons #33

Chase Hammons is a defensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal this season was to have fun and play a little bit of football. Hammons said, “ We had a pretty good season this year, not the best though because we went from being a playoff team to being a team with our record being 2-5.” Hammons’s favorite memory from this season has to be when they played against Caldwell because Vallivue won 70- 25: “I felt good after winning that game but our team just gave it our best shot.” Hammons mentioned, “There were some nerves going around before the game but after our opening kick-off we felt really good about winning.” Being a senior this year has very mixed emotions for Hammons because he doesn’t get to play football after this season. Hammons said, “I don’t plan on playing for a college, but if I got an offer I would play.”

Jonathan Burrell #44

Jon Burrell is a defensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal for this season was to play offense, but he’s “a third-string offense, so I kinda did and I kinda did not achieve my goal.” Burrell said, “ I don’t plan on playing football after high school, and I don’t plan on going to college. I would rather focus on my education.” What inspires him to play are his parents because they had him go to little league football which encouraged him to keep going. This caused him to get better at football during high school. Burrell said, “My favorite memory or memories from this season has to be all of the fun times we had in the locker rooms.” What gets Burrell hyped up before a game are the boys on the team because their positive energy spreads around making him get excited for a game.

Aleki Myers #51

Aleki Myers is a defensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal this season was to get stronger in the weight room and he felt he accomplished that. Myers said, “My favorite memory from this season has to be summer camp. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done.” Summer camp involves a lot of training as a team and individually. They also get to meet players from different schools around the valley. Myers said being a senior this year feels “pretty cool.” However, he doesn’t want to play football in college.

Stihl Myers #55

Stihl Meyers is an offensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal for this football season was to “work on himself, get better as a player, and hopefully go to college.” Myers said, “ My favorite memory was probably beating Columbia by 1 point cause it was a really close game and fun to win.” Myers was also excited to see his old coach, Coach Ash, who now coaches for Columbia. Myers said, “Being a senior this year is pretty sad because it is the end of high school but it’s been pretty fun.” Myers plans to play football in college, either somewhere in Montana or Wyoming.

TJ Longoria #60

TJ Longoria is an offensive and defensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal for this football season was to win as many games as possible. “Unfortunately, I didn’t reach my goal,” said Longoria. His favorite memory from this season has to be going to weights every morning during the summer. Benign a senior this year, Longoria says, “I feel weird being a senior this year because it’s my last of everything.” He does not plan on playing college football, but he does want to be a football coach. Specifically, he wants to coach for Vallivue High School.

Jacob Andrae #65

Jacob Andre is an offensive and defensive lineman on the varsity football team. Andrae’s goal for this season was to “give it my best shot the whole time.” Andrae said, “My favorite memory has to be beating Columbia and our old coach Ash.” For Andrae, being a senior this year brings him a lot of mixed emotions: “My emotions come in waves from being sad to happy and back to being sad. Because you realize that it’s your last year of football and you finally get to leave.”  He also mentions that he doesn’t plan on playing college football at all.

Bryen Bosworth #69

Bryen Bosworth is an offensive lineman on the varsity football team. Bosworth’s goal for this season was to be better than he was last year and live up to what the team wanted him to be. “My favorite memory from this season has to be when we played at Boise State,” said Bosworth. Being a senior this year, Bosworth says “I can’t wait till I’m out of this school.” Even though he missed some of his old coaches, playing against them inspired him to do all the things they taught him: “If I was given the chance I would want to play for them again, especially Ash.” Bosworth does not plan to play football after high school.

Jordan Conlon #72

Jordan Conlon is an offensive lineman on the varsity football team. His goal for this season was to make it farther in the playoffs compared to last year, but unfortunately, the team will not continue to playoffs. Conlon’s favorite memory this year was “beating Columbia because our old coach Ash was their coach.” Winning against Columbia felt really good for Conlon because he was able to show it off to his old coach. He said, “Being a senior this year feels pretty good because I’m ready to leave.” Conlon said he would want to play football in college depending on whether he gets an offer or not. He noted, “If I do, I would want to play right tackle.”

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Sandra Soto, Staff Writer
My name is Sandra Soto from Vallivue High School and I am a sophomore this year. I joined the journalism class because I am the type of person who loves getting to know people and finding out what their stories are. The way I see it, everyone has their own story depending on who they are and what they want to be, and this class is an opportunity for me to get to know who my peers are instead of seeing them as strangers. This is why I like writing stories about people and their personal experiences with things such as sports, clubs, and even music. Just getting to know people is just very interesting. This year I just wanna learn how to put all of the information I'm receiving down on paper, because what's the point of doing the work without showing the work?
Donate to The Valli-Vue