The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

VHS Golf to Compete at State This Weekend

All of the senior golfers and state qualifiers reminisce about their season and the hard work it took to get there. The entire boys team and one junior girl will travel to University of Idaho to compete at state on Friday and Saturday.
Junior Claire Hall poses with her 2nd place medal at 4A SIC Districts last week (courtesy of Tori Barrus).

Boys Golf

Senior Lance Cook came into the season hoping to make it to state, which he accomplished. He said, “Nothing could stop me from making it.” Cook loved many things about this year, one of which was watching junior Kohen McBride break his three wood. His favorite memory though was when he went head-to-head with coach Eric Patton and beat him by one stroke. While Cook is ready to graduate high school, he is also sad to be closing the high school chapter of his life. He wants to play golf in the future but simply as a hobby.

Senior Jaxson Wright started this season with a goal to place in the top 3 at districts: he placed second and exceeded his goal. Wright loved golfing with his friends every day and making new memories with his teammates. He is very excited to graduate high school and start his future in college. Next year, Wright plans to golf at Arizona State University.

Girls Golf

Senior McKinlee Lane hoped to make it to state this year and beat her personal best. Sadly, she was not able to qualify for state in her last year, but she was able to beat her personal best. Lane loved it when Jared Hodges came to the course for a photo where the golf team made a pyramid. She enjoyed the teamwork at that moment. Lane is feeling scared for this next chapter in life, but she was happy to have the opportunity to help the underclassmen using the influence that past seniors had on her. Lane wants to play at the college level, but she has no particular preference as to where.

Junior Claire Hall started this season hoping to make it to state. Hall smashed this goal by placing second at 4A SIC Districts last week and earning her ticket to state. Hall loves to play on the range and has a pure love for golf. She hopes to play at the college level after graduation.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Jordan Poulsen, Staff Writer
I joined journalism because I have a dream to become a sports analyst and that requires journalism techniques to be the most successful. I love to write stories about people and just real life. I feel like the realest things are the most important things to be published. If I was writing a story I would love for it to be in the athletics department because that’s where I have the most knowledge. The biggest thing that I want to learn in journalism is the best way to interview people to get the best possible answers out of them. This will give my stories a natural flow which is what I want.
Donate to The Valli-Vue