The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

“Elemental” is Worth the Watch

Despite a seemingly lame trailer, “Elemental” is a hit for the whole family.
The film “Elemental” which was released in theaters on June 16, 2023 is now available to stream on Disney Plus.

“Elemental” is now streaming on Disney Plus after being in theaters since June. The movie is adorable and sentimental. It begins with the Lumen family: Fire elements Bernie and Cinder immigrate with their daughter Ember to Element City where they will live with all different kinds of elements (fire, water, land and air).

Although the family experiences lots of hatred because they are fire elements, they make their way through and build a nice store. They help each other thrive in the area, but there’s some conflict once the daughter, who is meant to run the business after her father retires, struggles to fill his shoes.

The character designs in “Elemental” are really cute and realistic. There’s a lot of thought put into making the characters: the water people can burn out the fire people. In order to reflame the fire people, they must eat wood. The movie is realistic element wise but is given a fun, heartfelt twist into a story.

Each element in the movie has its own unique qualities. For instance, the water people cry a lot and the air people go through objects. You will find that this movie is different from others because of the amount of special effects and ideas added in that develop the characters and plot.

I thought “Elemental” would be lame when I first watched the trailer, but it surprised me. It’s definitely a must-watch for families, especially if you have younger siblings. I liked the animation style and how sincere the movie was. The whole thing was fun to watch and left me feeling happy.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Valli-Vue