The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

Girls Basketball Returns With a New Coach and Renewed Focus

The Lady Falcons are looking to turn their luck around after a tough season last year.

Girls Basketball is ready to begin regular season gameplay this week with a brand new head coach, Sean Upson. Here is what the team has to say about this upcoming year.

Our Lady Falcons play their very first game this Saturday at Wood River High School. Upson tells us that the goals for this season are to stick together as a team and really focus on the attitude and culture of the team. Upson’s coaching strategy this season is to focus on fitness, aiming to go into games as the most fit team. He also says the focus is on rebounding and having a good defense. He says he wants to be a “Greedy, all over the place kind of team.” 

Upson is looking to improve this team by being more organized in its approach and strategy. He says he does not want to waste any practice and wants to work hard every minute so they do not miss any opportunities to get better. Upson, who previously served as an assistant varsity coach, tells us that he is looking forward to growing and developing the program.

Paige Upson is one of the seniors this year. Upson has played basketball for seven or eight years. Her personal goal this season is to win, as she hopes to improve this year and be the best captain she can be for the team. Something that inspires Upson to compete is constantly wanting to be better than she used to be. 

Gracie Mower, a sophomore on the team, has been playing basketball since she was in kindergarten. Her personal goal this season is to play smart on the court and to change this upcoming season. What inspires Mower to compete is having a better season than last year, and being as successful as her family in the basketball industry.

Players to watch this season:  seniors Paige Upson and Kaitlyn Rine, junior Edalyn Lopez, sophomore Gracie Mower

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Alina Hernandez, Staff Writer
Donate to The Valli-Vue