The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

VHS’s Activities Director Mr. Knowles Enjoys His New Job

As the new activities director at VHS, Mr. Knowles has had to learn a lot, but he has enjoyed getting to know the Vallivue community.
Roxy Loera
Mr. Knowles, VHS’s new activities director.

Mr. Knowles is the new activities director at Vallivue High School. He just started the job this year when his family relocated from Northern Idaho. Even though it can be a difficult job, Mr. Knowles has enjoyed the community here at VHS and getting to know the staff and students.

He moved here because he wanted to relocate into an environment that was a better fit for his kids’ education. Mr. Knowles has been surrounded by sports his whole life, and his father’s interest in sports had a big influence on him, and that’s why he decided to become an activities director. Being at a new school meant learning different ways to do things, but he has gotten used to asking for help from the teachers and staff. This year, Mr. Knowles wants to improve himself and develop better programs for the school.

Being an activities director can be a difficult job at times. In situations like this, Mr. Knowles said he will sometimes walk away and give himself time to think of a good solution. This job has shown how much he enjoys working with teachers and students, and he noted that the coaches have done a great job helping the players improve and see the importance of their success. Mr. Knowles wants Vallivue’s students, and specifically his athletes, to set high expectations for themselves. He’s already seen the students working hard on their grades to be able to play, and he wants them to represent the school well.

A typical day for Mr. Knowles consists of reading many emails and communicating with different groups to make sure everything runs smoothly. For example, he books all of the transportation and schedules all of the athletics events, and he also supervises teachers in the PE/Health department. He’s very grateful for how welcoming all of the staff and students have been to him, and he looks forward to serving VHS for the rest of this year.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Roxy Loera, Photographer
Donate to The Valli-Vue