The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

FCA Strives to Grow Their Club at VHS

Fellowship of Christian Athletes is looking for more interested students who want to be involved in their community.

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, or FCA, is a nationwide organization that has clubs in many high schools, including Vallivue High School. They focus on creating a kind and welcoming environment for those looking to include God and their faith in their school lives.

Over the past few years, it has been difficult for the FCA club to get the word out to VHS and the community alike about their existence because of how small and inconsistent the group was. Currently, junior Emily Moldenhauer has been trying to get the club back to being about building a relationship with God and the community. “It was hard for me to stay in it because it wasn’t focused on what I thought it should be focused on. If the leaders came, great, if not, fine. Now I’m trying to make it like this community that’s always going to be there,” she stated. Moldenhauer has been made somewhat of a leader for the A lunch meetings, and she does a wonderful job at organizing each week’s club meeting.

When she first joined FCA, Moldenhauer recalls that there were only a few people from the Deer Flat Church that were attending. Now, they have people from multiple different churches participating. You may be wondering if someone has to be an athlete to join the club. According to Moldehauer, it’s not a requirement: “Now that we’re a few weeks in, we’ve kind of been opening the club to everybody.”

Using a communication app called Spond, the FCA group meets outside of school as well. Sophomore Nikolas Plummer had the idea to pick someone from FCA once a month and attend a youth group at their church. Talking to the pastors and leaders at multiple churches, Moldenhauer has already grown a community of eager and willing people who want to help with FCA. After following Borah High School’s FCA Instagram page, the group was invited to meet and hold a worship service with them. Mr. Fisk, the club advisor, commented “We don’t want this to be about ourselves, but about giving back to our teams, coaches, and school community.” Many students involved with FCA are in agreement with Fisk’s statements, wishing to help those around them.

FCA is a group not just about focusing on God, but also about giving back to and interacting with the community around them. All are welcome, and getting the word out about the club is the first step to being able to help others. The group of students and teachers in the program are warm, welcoming and encouraging anyone and everyone to participate with FCA!

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Rylie Wilson, Staff Writer
My name is Rylie Wilson, and I am a sophomore student at VHS. After spending my freshman year at Caldwell High School and feeling trapped there, I decided to do what I felt I should and not worry so much about what others thought of me. Part of this was being unafraid to speak with people and write about what I love, which I knew journalism would help me do. I love to write stories about music, movies, plays, and generally anything in the world of entertainment. My biggest goal this year is to feel at home with myself, my stories, my school, and the world around me. 
Donate to The Valli-Vue