The Student News Site of Vallivue High School

The Valli-Vue

Falcon Scores
  • Jan 10 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 34, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / JV BBBVallivue - 46, Ridgevue - 54
  • Jan 10 / Varsity BBBVallivue - 83, Ridgevue - 85
  • Jan 9 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 26, Caldwell - 35
  • Jan 6 / JV GBBVallivue - 42, Wood River - 9
  • Jan 6 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 48, Wood River - 36
  • Jan 5 / Freshman GBBVallivue - 13, Emmett - 15
  • Jan 5 / JV GBBVallivue - 45, Emmett - 7
  • Jan 5 / Varsity GBBVallivue - 16, Emmett - 58
  • Jan 4 / Frosh BBBVallivue - 47, Columbia - 35

The Valli-Vue

The Valli-Vue

Vallivue FFA Chapter Off to a Great Start This Year

Vallivue FFA has been busy with events this year, but one of the biggest events of the year will be next week’s FFA National Convention.
Dairy Cattle Districts in Marsing on 9/13. Pictured L to R is: Shayla Brown, Piper Hubler, Keagan Bittick, and Ryan McNutt (photo courtesy of Mrs. Drollinger)

FFA, or Future Farmers of America, is an active club at Vallivue advised by Mrs. Drollinger and Mr. Shirts. Throughout the year, they compete across the state and provide opportunities for students to learn more about the agricultural industry. They are looking forward to the FFA National Convention from Oct. 28 to Nov. 3 in Indianapolis where Vallivue’s Forestry team is competing.

The first event that they had this year was the Opening Social on Sep. 13. This was for new and returning members or people who were thinking about becoming a member to get familiar with the whole program. It was also for parents to know what to expect and get answers to questions they had. The members got together for dinner and then they used the bubble balls that they rented for the event. They have also participated in the District Dairy Cattle Judging in Marsing on Sept. 13 and the Basic Leadership Training Event on Oct. 2 at the Nampa Civic Center.

The bigger event was the Treasure Valley District Leadership Workshop Day on Sept. 27 in Middleton. This consisted of many workshops. For one workshop, two people had to go through a maze while one person was blindfolded and they had to rely on their partner for instructions. There was also a beekeeper from the area who came and spoke to students.

These events are all planned by the district and state FFA officers which included VHS graduate Hallye Duckett, a current state officer. Mrs. Drollinger said, “What was really significant about that is we had one of our FFA officers, she’s a district officer, put on those workshops. And then we also had a state officer from Vallivue who graduated last year attend as well, so it was really cool seeing her.”

Students who may be interested in joining FFA should talk to an advisor. Mrs. Drollinger can be found in room 128, and Mr. Shirts can be found in the Ag Shop.

Donate to The Valli-Vue

Your donation will support the student journalists of Vallivue High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Cecily Caudell, Staff Writer
My name is Cecily Caudell and I am a Freshman at Vallivue High School. I decided to join the journalism class because I have always loved writing. I have loved reading and writing since before I can even remember. I would like to learn how to become a better overall writer this year. I like working on many different types of stories but I like writing about a lot of things that I'm interested in. I really like working on stories related to pop culture, especially album and movie reviews. I also really like writing about different things that are happening around the school. 
Donate to The Valli-Vue